Friday, July 27, 2012

The return

Well, we flew back from Paris yesterday but it wasn't your ordinary, run-of-the-mill flight. We were randomly upgraded to first class, which completely surprised us. I've never flown first class and to get the chance on a flight that was 10 hours long was a sheer delight. The food was great. The wine even better. The seats were HUGE with Grand Canyon-size leg room and a variety of reclining positions, including full sleep recline. Needless to say, I will be sad to fly economy next time, but at least I got this chance. Thanks, Delta!

I'm not going to post a lot this time since I'm feeling ready to take another 12 hour nap (I awoke at 3:30 this morning ready to go). Hopefully, I can hold out until 8. I've just started uploading photos and reviewing them. I'll plan to post a bunch during the weekend.

Here's a poster we saw a bit of around Paris and Lyon. It's apparently from a union protest in 2009 and refers to Sarkozy's attempts to reduce worker rights. I thought it was pretty amusing.
More later.

No comments: