Thursday, July 19, 2012

Leaving for Lyon

I haven't posted anything over the past couple days. Long days and late evenings so I've been a bit too tired to write.

On Tuesday, we met my friend Fanda who took us on a walking tour of Prague (Prague 6, 7, 8) - through parks, to the zoo, the botanical gardens, the national technical museum and the residential areas of the city. We also met a couple of his friends, Irena and Jiří and their very cute baby, Christina. The first evening we went to Irena and Jiří's apartment for coffee. Last night we went out to a very good Italian restaurant near their apartment (though I was completely lost since the apartment blocks are huge and numerous - some from the communist era and some more contemporary). My Czech is still awful but it was good to have three people try to help me. We worked on Czech and English tongue twisters to round out the evening. A very pleasant way to spend vacation time.

We're now waiting at the Prague airport for our flight to Lyon. The weather turned warm and sunny yesterday and continues to be pleasant today. I'm pretty sure it will be delightful in France. I've got a bit of the traveler's malaise - longing for my routines and not to be pulling clothes from suitcases. It will pass quickly but I still miss home a bit. Anyhow, it's onward and upward.

Of course, by the time I tried to upload this post, my free 15 mins (15 mins?!! Are you kidding me) on the airport WIFI has expired, so I'll have to post this when we arrive in France.

 

No comments: