Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ode to my Canon G9

Oh, G9. Why do I love thee so? Could it be that you are a light and compact camera? Easy to travel with, yet a capable image capture device. Shooting RAW in low light and bright sun. Perhaps it is your macro function - a function I am just starting to use - that makes you so loveable. You may not be as mighty as a D5 Mark II, but you do the job and at a fraction of the cost.

Perhaps because you made it so easy for me to shoot 2GB of pics in less than an hour at the aquarium today. I don't know why I love you so. I just know I do. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

 Kelp and bubbles shot at the Seattle Aquarium. Aquariums are my new photo obsession.


An example of the macro function of the G9. I love the fact that the moth "fur" really comes out in these pictures.

Because it is "Cosmonaut Wednesday" (an event that occurs every Wednesday that I wear my Cosmonaut necklace), I thought I would add the little fella to the blog as well. Thanks Museum of Jurassic Technology for having such a cool gift shop!

2 comments:

Chyrum Lambert said...

The moth pics are wonderful!

Lev said...

Thanks. I've been poking around your sites a bit. I'm especially liking your photograph page (I'm biased, you know). I'm also jealous of your studio. My workspace doesn't permit me to get too wild with paints, but I'm happy to have it.