Sunday, July 10, 2011

Back home

It's always a mixed bag when returning from holiday. One one hand, I'm happy to be back home and no longer living out of suitcases and eating in restaurants. On the other, it's the end of a really cool vacation and a return to the daily grind. Seems like every time I go away, there's some sort of bad news when I return. Such is life, I suppose. The suckiness exists whether I'm on vacation or not, so it's better to have had the vacation first.

Here are the things I am taking away from the past couple weeks...

1) It's always good to try communicating in another language since it has an element of risk that I think is good for you.
2) I should underpack. Always. No matter what my brain tells me.
3) My Royal Robbins walking skirt was the best garment I wore this trip, with my Joseph Seibl sandals coming in a close 2nd.
4) Don't panic too much when you're trying to drive in Prague. No matter how bad it is, it's got to be better than driving in Paris.
5) Only bring one book...you'll probably not even get through that little paperback so you might as well skip the extra weight.
6) Keep a hand or foot (or butt cheek) on all bags at all times...thieves are thieves because they are good at thieving.
7) Drink lots of water.

Those are the only things that come to mind at the moment. I'm sure there will be other items that occur to me later.

For those of you who read the blog, I hope you enjoyed it. I've enjoyed writing the posts (well, most of the time) so I may continue posting periodically, though I may just leave it for traveling.

No comments: