Sunday, June 19, 2011

Getting sick before travel

Sad to say, I am desperately fighting some sort of bug just prior to leaving on our vacation. I've just finished one course of antibiotics and am hoping that by tomorrow I will be feeling on the mend. I think I feel a bit better today though I write those words as I'm huddled in my bed at 3 pm on Sunday, wearing a sweater, a scarf and a winter cap.

Problem is I wake up in the middle of the night having minor panic attacks about what it will be like in Europe to feel as shitty as I do now. Doesn't help me get better.

I'll do what Natalie Wood did in "Miracle on 34th Street" - just keep on repeating, "I believe. I believe. I believe." Either I'll be better or Santa Claus will deliver me another course of antibiotics. Three days and counting.

No comments: