Friday, June 24, 2011

Driving in Prague

Let me say that driving in CZ is challenging. Reading signs is problematic and trying to locate the main highways out of town can be a problem. It took us about an hour to get out of the city. We did get to see quite a bit of the Soviet era outskirts and areas that were not intended for tourists. I've learned that though I may be able to say, "We're lost. Can you help us get to Bešova?" understanding the answers in Czech is pretty damn hard. At least I can make myself somewhat understood.

We're spending the night in Jindřichův H...(I've blanked on the name and Levi's asleep so I don't want to wake him. The town is like a fairy tale kingdom - everything is cobblestones, ancient, peeling walls and castle. We walked past a church and locals were singing while the organ played. It was weirdly magical. Tomorrow we plan to vet up early and wander around taking photos. We'll visit the National Photo Museum (of course!) and perhaps tour the castle. Tomorrow we finish the drive down to Znoimo for at least one if not two nights. I forgot to mention, the town also has an inhabited stork nest on the top of a smokestack.

The wifi in this hotel is a myth so I'm not sure when this post will go up. Perhaps in the morning or maybe tomorrow evening.

The photos is the traffic we ran into on the way out of Prague. Dobrou noc.

No comments: