Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Practiced traveler?

I had such visions of carrying almost nothing with me on our trip. A couple pairs of undies, 2 t-shirts, a dress, shorts, pants, camera equipment and that was going to be it. I was going to be so Bruce Chatwin (I don't really know if he packed super-light. He traveled a lot, though.) Sad to say, I failed yet again. As I'm packing, I'm starting to consider unzipping the expansion pouch on my bag. Why must I always overpack?!!

Took a long bike ride in the sunshine in preparation for the upcoming sit-fest (9 1/2 hours). What a day! Who knew it was going to suddenly turn summer just as we leave. I was wearing sweaters two days ago. Hopefully, we carry some of the pleasant weather with us. I could stand a real summer for a little bit. Tomorrow, this time, we'll be in the air with 4 1/2 hours to go.

2 comments:

TheAnchorBend said...

ha ha . . . did I tell you that Joe didn't bring any luggage at all when we went to my graduation in CA? None. He shoved a pair of shorts, an extra shirt, a pair of underwear and his deoderant into his jacket pockets and that's all he took. The poor TSA agents. I can't tell if my parents were horrified or impressed when he showed up at the aiport carrying nothing but his notebook.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the turning summer right before you leave- it was a lie! Fret not! I'm wearing a turtle neck AND a sweater!

: )

la c