Monday, August 20, 2012

Salamander?

I don't know whether this is a salamander or some other amphibian or reptilian creature. These guys are really fast. Sadly, this fella wasn't fast enough to avoid getting killed by a car (perhaps my car). Initially, I thought he was alive but realized he wasn't when I went to pick him up (oddly enough, I can pick up dead insects, birds and reptiles, but not rodents).
 I added the leaf to create a sort of dead still life. Would you call that a "still dead"?

 Did you know they have teeth?!! I didn't. It's amazing what you learn when you use the macro function on your camera.
Close-up of his teeth
I hate to say it, since it sounds weird, but I like dead critters since I can actually photograph them. Living are nice but they don't sit still long enough to let you get good shots.

No comments: