Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Getting things done

The other day I had a conversation with another photographer who asked to see some of my work. Did I have it on Flickr? No. Yes, I have a website but it's ancient and I never seem to have the time or the inclination to update it (for shame...I know). I finally decided that I needed to just put up something so I wouldn't feel like a complete scammer. I decided to go with SmugMug because of the protections you can set for your galleries. I've had it for all of two days but have already managed to upload a couple galleries (one being a very small Woca/Holga gallery and the other being a larger gallery of digital images I took in Iceland in the summer of 2009). Here is the link to the gallery: leslielevenson.smugmug.com. It works really well with Lightroom 3, which means I'm more likely to utilize it. I'm just happy to have a gallery with images on display for a change. I'm hoping to get another one done before the end of today but that may not happen the way it's going. At least I'll be able to say "yes" to anyone who asks if I have work they can look at. Little victories.

I think I might actually put the start of my aquarium project in there since it might inspire me to go get more images. Here's one of my favorite images, so far, from that project:

A duck in water

No comments: