Saturday, June 23, 2012

Project for cruddy June weather

The running joke in the Pacific NW is that summer doesn't start until late July/early August and lasts until September. Sad to say, this year is living up to that reputation. Now that I have a bit more free time and the weather is for the most part bad, I feel justified in hunkering down inside and working on indoor projects (as I type this, I'm wearing fingerless gloves, long pants, a turtle neck and overshirt...sigh). Anyhow, my husband requested I make him a canvas apron for his birthday. I was a little nervous about this, since my sewing skills are really rudimentary. However, it's an apron and the cloth was fairly cheap, and, what the heck, it would probably fit even if it was the "wrong size." It didn't take me too long to make, but it did take a bit of time. I just finished it today and added a Mizpah Hut patch per his request. I don't think I understood all the directions, so I just winged the stuff I didn't understand and it came out okay. This is what it looks like:
In honor of his new apron, he made me a lovely potato and leek soup, which I just ate. Yum!



2 comments:

bpatty said...

Nice job! Now you need to make him a chef's hat.

Lev said...

That just sounds WAY too difficult!