Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Early mornings

One of the things you start doing when spending time around middle schoolers is think a lot about motivation. Why is this kid doing this particular thing at this particular time? My suspicions are raised when I hear kids up and taking showers at 6:20 when they don't have to be anywhere before 8:15 or 9:00. Hmmmm....

Lots of running around last night. The kids were really jumping and driving us a little crazy. Tonight should be a lot different...after a full day of walking around, event-watching and trying to get along with one another.

Last night we were at Granville Island. It wasn't exactly out of control as I was rather expecting it to be (it was Mardis Gras after all). There was a crazy parade of French-speaking alien/monsters that wandered around the streets though. Lots of friendly people and the occasional group of athletes (we saw a crew of Canadian men walking as a group...didn't know what sport they were but they certainly looked athletic).

There is an awful lot of driving on this trip. That's going to be one of the biggest drags of this trip since the border crossings just don't seem to be an issue.

I've got coffee by my side and it's still quiet, though I'm sure not for long. I'll be heading to a shower pretty soon. I miss my cozy bed but I had a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, remember school trips as a kid when you were soooo excited to flyaway from the parental wings and wanted to stay up as late as you could with your friends and cause all kinds of mayhem...

Oh wait, I never did that!

- AnonyCarla