Saturday, November 3, 2012

Bad film and a dark night

I had some expired Kodak film (I think it was from 2003) lying around that I decided to abuse before actually using it. I stuck it on the deck to bake in the sun for a couple days and then put it in the Ansco cheapie camera and left it there for at least a month before finishing the roll. Well, most of the shots were crap...though the grain of the film turned into what looked like astro turf. Here is an example of the astro turf look. This is a photo of my friend, Carla in the woods. Rather than look like her usual lovely self, she appears to be being eaten alive by grass.
Anyhow, I did get one shot that I kind of like. It's a shot of the ferris wheel at the Puyallup Fair with a smear of lightness across it. With a little tweaking in Lightroom, it looks a little better.

2 comments:

Marianne Morris Art said...

That ferris wheel shot is fantastic. It looks spooky and lonely at the same time.

Lev said...

Thanks, Marianne. I guess it's one of the perks of the crapshoot of using film. Sometimes it's a winner. Sometimes it's a stinker. I prefer winners. : )