Thursday, February 23, 2012

Construction - again??!!

It only seems like we were doing rehab on the house just a few months ago. But no...it's been a couple years. This time we've ripped out the fireplace and the chimney in anticipation of a gas or woodburning stove, or possibly a built-in stereo cabinet/bookshelf/art display area. Here's what's left of the chimney:


The cylinders are pretty cool looking. I wonder if we could incorporate them into the yard somehow.

Additionally, we're having a new railing built for the deck. The old rails were ripped out today - it's very strange to actually have an unobstructed view of all the trees. I kind of like it but railings are rather necessary to avoid nasty falls.

View of the valley without the railings
What the deck looks like from the driveway
There's a ton of work to do, but it'll be great when it's finished. I just keep saying that to myself to try to keep my stress level to a minimum. "It'll be great when it's finished. It'll be great when it's finished." That's what they say about New York.



3 comments:

Crysta said...

Nothing is ever finished - that's part of what makes it so much fun! (Or that's what I keep telling myself!) :)

Lev said...

It's the journey, not the destination. Right? That's why I have about 4 knitting projects waiting in a pillowcase to be felted.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The deck so open looks really cool- I see how it is tempting to leave it open... I know, install a froce field to keep everyone in.. yuk yuk yuk.

la c