Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Have I told you how much I love bees?

The poor maligned bee. Every yellow jacket and vicious hornet out there gets labeled by frightened people as "bees." Little do they know that a bee is a lovely little creature that just wants to go on its search for pollen and a good flower to laze out in. I once read that bees actually engage in a lot of downtime. So the phrase, "busy as a bee" really means that you're kind of a lazy person always looking for a sunny spot to have a lie down.

How I love the bees especially when they are hanging out in the dahlia garden at Pt. Defiance Park. The dahlias are exceedingly gorgeous right now so I would recommend a visit if you're in the Tacoma region.




2 comments:

Chyrum Lambert said...

Lovely post.

Lev said...

Thanks, Chyrum. As usual, I'm liking your collages.