Friday, August 15, 2014

After We Left


I originally started this as a mock-up for a fabric piece I was thinking about. However, after adding such a large number of layers I just decided to let it be as a digital collage. I'll print it onto paper, but stitching it is out.

The theme behind this piece is one that I draw from frequently - what happens when humans disappear from a place. The idea that nature will quickly cover over the traces. I find that to be a strangely comforting thought, especially seeing how horribly we have and continue to muck up our environment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love urban decay, so naturally this piece speaks to me. Nature always reclaims what it truly owns. Great work!

Lev said...

Thanks, Brian. Urban and rural decay are pretty high on my list of things to photograph.