Friday, July 12, 2013

Collection of unknowns

I have a huge collection of old photos from my great-aunt and great-grandfather that I periodically dip into. Recently, I've been trying to scan them with the idea that I would put the scanned photographs into deep storage or use them in art projects. There are many photos of people that appear to have no connection to my family at all. There is usually no identifying information on the back. Not even a date. Even if the people in these photos did, at one point, have a connection to my family, there is really no one left to identify the people who could be former acquaintances, lovers, co-workers, etc. The pictures I am talking about are those that have none of my relatives (that I can identify) in them. The unknowns who were photographed with an obvious relative could possibly be identified by my father (that's another aspect of the project - getting people identified and stories told). What to do with all the photos of unknowns? I could at least post some of them here.

Who are these unknowns? Are they actors? Dinner theater performers? Circus performers? Costume party guests? Who knows, but it looks as though they were having fun.

No comments: