Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Winter sunshine

With the beginning of a new year comes surprises. The past two days have been notable for the sunshine and blue skies - a rarity in these parts. This morning there was fog and lovely frost covering the world. I'm hoping for a repeat of this morning's weather tomorrow since I have a photo scoped out that I spied en route to an appointment. 

I've been puttering around the house today (that's actually a lie...I've really been puttering around my computer cleaning up photos, researching, and organizing a bit, though I did wash most of the dishes). During one of my breaks to stare at the light outside, I ventured onto the deck to get some shots of long shadows and the blinding light. I managed to get a blur of a hummingbird heading to the feeder. Not a technically good photo, but I still like something about it. Maybe it was the fact that I couldn't actually see the photo as I shot it since the sun was right in my eyes. Maybe it was just the fun of getting buzzed by the hummingbird.


Even the flies were enjoying their time in the winter sun...

No comments: