Sunday, September 16, 2012

Alternative Processes - Done Digitally

I've been spending quite a bit of time working on recreating alternative processes using Photoshop. I've had varying degrees of success. I've been a bit stymied by gum bichromate. Fortunately, I've finally managed to get something that feels more true to the process than my previous attempts.
3-colour digital "gum bichromate"
Here is the original image that I started with:
I'll have to see how I like it when I print it on nice paper.

This is an example of a "cyanotype" I created as well:
All in all, I feel as though I'm moving forward and learning how to reproduce the techniques a bit better. It will still be digital approximation of the techniques, which I'm preferring to look at as more freeing rather than a lesser imitation of the original processes. I've dealt with the chemistry and the fussiness of the processes before and feel as though it was enough. I'm happy to deal with digital fussiness which also means less toxicity.










No comments: