Sunday, November 6, 2011

Encaustic workshop

This weekend I took an Encaustic Photography workshop with Nichole Dement at the Photo Center in Seattle. What a blast. Nichole is an excellent teacher - really knowledgeable and patient. I learned more than I imagined I would and am now completely excited to start doing encaustic on my own.

I worked on two pieces. This is the smaller of the two (6"x6") and includes a photo of an abandoned house that I've posted before. This example includes the photo, a transfer, incising, paint, oil pastels, and, of course, wax. The little "dots" around the orange square remind me of stitches. Hopefully, I can convince hubby that he needs to share a corner of the garage with my new-found obsession.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to see the second piece from the workshop soon- or a new encaustic yum yum!
Hug!
La c

Lev said...

I just bought a heat gun of my own and found a second hand small crockpot for melting the medium. Now, all I need is the medium (resin & wax) and the inspiration!