Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sorting

I've been gradually sorting through old photos recently. Attempting to match pictures with negatives (if I can find them) and organizing the negs into labeled sleeves in binders. This has never been an issue with my black and white work since I always put those negatives away. Color work is different since I don't do the developing and I often receive the negs long-sleeved and rolled up after they've been scanned.

Anyhow, the nice thing about going through old photos is occasionally finding little gems that appeal to me now more than they did at the time. Here's a shot I took in Ft. Lauderdale in 2009 (fortunately, I was able to find the negatives so I could scan the original file in and work from that).
Florida phone booth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I freaking love this phone booth photo!

Lev said...

Thanks! I keep leafing through old envelopes of photos and find treasures. I have a recent photo of a phone booth sans phone that I'll post after tweaking it a bit.