Sunday, October 23, 2011

Slow bike rides in October

Although it wasn't the slowest bike ride I've ever been on, today was pretty pokey-paced. It's autumn in the Puyallup/Sumner/Orting valley (I'm not sure if they're actually all the Puyallup valley) and nature decided that yesterday's deluge was worth a day without rain, so a photographic bike ride seemed like a good idea for a low-key Sunday afternoon. I brought my Mavica 6x4.5 and the Canon G9 in my pack and took a bunch of different rural shots including these shots of an abandoned farmhouse that is slowly being pillaged for its windows, gutters and trim. It's sad to see these older houses stand empty, just waiting for a bulldozer. A few years ago, I met the owner of this house on the trail and he seemed like a nice enough fellow. Who knows what happened - perhaps he died. Maybe he just moved away and no one moved in.
Front of empty house
Side view
Rear view
Aside from the bit of sadness brought on by empty dwellings, I did take some macro shots of snow berries. I especially like that there is another scene "trapped" in the water drops of this image.
Snow berries
Snow berries detail

2 comments:

Chyrum Lambert said...

Beautiful pictures Leslie! That trapped image in the drop is soo good. Makes me want to inspect every drip of rain!

Lev said...

Thanks, Chyrum. I figured you'd like that shot - seeing how many macros and reflections you shoot.